- >How to install
HOW TO INSTALL OIL PAD HEATERS
Site Preparation and Installation
Take note of the following critical criteria before installaion.
- TITAN heaters can only be installed on a metal surface; steel, aluminum and cast Iron.
- The application area must have a smooth flat surface, no bumps, ridges or indentations; the pad must make 100% contact with the surface.
- Remove dirt, grease, oil and paint from the installation area with a cleaning agent that does not leave any oil film on the surface.
- Do not trim or cut the TITAN heater pad.
- Warm the engine to raise the oil pan temperature.
- The TITAN pad heater has an adhesive backing, do not use any other adhesives to apply the pad.
- Sand and clean the application area.
- Peel off the backing and warm the pad for three seconds to heat the adhesive; apply the pad to the surface area.
- Weatherproof the outer edge of the pad with the, supplied, high temperature silicone adhesive.
- Route the electrical cord with whe aid of the, supplied, cable ties to the location where the plug is to be positioned for connection to the AC extension cord.
Incorrect installation of the TITAN pad heater will void the warranty.
HOW TO INSTALL FUEL FILTER HEATERS
- Wrap the THF50-12 around the fuel filter and secure with the velcro strap.
- The use of a DC contactor for installation, whilst recommended, is not mandatory.
HOW TO INSTALL BATTERY WARMERS
- Install the THB60-1 battery warmer under the battery and route the electrical cord (with the aid of the supplied cable ties) to the location where the plug is to be positioned for connection to the AC extension cord.